Trump team removes members of Pentagon’s Defense Policy Board, including Kissinger, Albright

Trump team removes members of Pentagon's Defense Policy Board, including Kissinger, Albright

The Defense Department on Friday said that a number of members of its Defense Policy Boardincluding former Secretaries of State Henry Kissinger and Madeleine Albrighthad been removed.

“As part of long-considered changes, we can confirm that several members of the Department’s Defense Policy Board have been removed,” a U.S. Defense official told Fox News.

ESPER 해고 후 하루 만에 PENTAGON의 주요 정책 공식 교체

Foreign Policy, which first reported the removals, 말했다 11 high-profile advisers were ousted from the board, including Kissinger and Albright, as well as former House Majority Leader Eric Cantor.

The purge was done quietly earlier this week, on the eve of Thanksgiving.

Also removed include former Treasury undersecretary David McCormick, who served during the George W. Bush administration, and Rudy De Leon, a former chief operating officer at the Pentagon.

“I am grateful to the departing board members, many of whom have served for decades. As we adapt the Department for great power competition, I look forward to naming new board members in the coming days,”관계자는 말했다.

Foreign Policy reported that members of the Trump administration had tried to remake the board with figures more sympathetic to the president and outside of the D.C. establishmentincluding former Air Force fighter pilot Scott O’Grady and former House Speaker Newt Gingrich.

FOX 뉴스 앱을 보려면 여기를 클릭하십시오.

하나, the outlet reports that that move received pushback from then-Defense Secretary Mark Esper and acting Undersecretary James Anderson.

Esper was fired earlier this month and replaced with Christopher Miller, the director of the National Counterterrorism Center. Anderson resigned a day later

답장을 남겨주세요

귀하의 이메일 주소는 공개되지 않습니다. 필요 입력 사항은 표시되어 있습니다 *

*