US Embassy in Baghdad denies rumor of evacuation, with tensions high after largest attack in decade

US Embassy in Baghdad denies rumor of evacuation, with tensions high after largest attack in decade

미국. Embassy in Baghdad on Friday denied rumors of an evacuation at the building after the embassy was 공격 지난주.

A tweet from a reporter saying the U.S. Embassy in Baghdad was evacuated is not true, according to an embassy spokesperson in an e-mail to Fox News.

FOX 뉴스 앱을 보려면 여기를 클릭하십시오.

Ambassador Tueller is still in Baghdad and the embassy continues to operate,” 대변인이 말했다.

The rumor may have started with a Friday tweet from Kurdish & Australian journalist Hawar Ali, who wrote that alarge number of staff have been evacuated in #US embassy in #Baghdad.”

He later saidthe ambassador and some staff still remain but some have been evacuated.

ISIS SLEEPER CELL ATTACKS IN SYRIA REACH RECORD LOW, DATA SHOWS

우리. Central Command said in a statement earlier this week that the Dec. 20 attack on Baghdad’s Green Zone – which included 21 rockets – was likely from anIranian-backed Rogue Militia Group.

The statement said that it wasclearly NOT intended to avoid casualtiesand damaged buildings in the compound. 뉴욕 타임즈 pointed out that Jan. 3 is the anniversary of the drone strike that killed Maj. Gen. Qassim Suleimani, one of Iran’s top military figures.

The Times reported that at least one Iraqi citizen was killed.

BIDEN DEFENSE SECRETARY PICK AT HELM WHEN TEAM ACCUSED OF ‘WATERING DOWNISIS INTEL

트럼프 대통령 issued a stern warning to Iran Wednesday after the rocket attack on the U.S. Embassy in Baghdad, saying he will hold Tehran responsible if one American is killed.

폭스 뉴스’ Lucas Tomlinson and Edmund DeManche contributed to this report.

댓글이 닫혀 있습니다..