La Casa Bianca rinvia ulteriormente la divulgazione dei documenti sull'assassinio di JFK, citando il Covid

La Casa Bianca ha annunciato venerdì scorso che avrebbe ulteriormente posticipato il rilascio di ulteriori documenti relativi al 1963 assassinio del presidente John F. Kennedy, indicando il “impatto significativo” del Pandemia di covid-19.

President Joe Biden issued a memo that said the national archivist recommended he‘direct two public releases of the information that has ultimately ‘been determined to be appropriate for release to the public.'The first will be aninterim release” entro quest'anno, with a second, “more comprehensive release in late 2022,the memo said.
The memo said that the Covid-19 pandemic has slowed down the process of reviewing whether redactions continue to meet thestatutory standard.
    Kennedy’s assassination prompted a whirlwind of questions from the public and researchers, plenty of conspiracy theories and reflexive secrecy from the government.
      Negli anni, millions of documents have become public, offering researchers an opportunity to pore over not only records related to the Kennedy assassination, but also a variety of other topics, from Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s life and slaying to pivotal moments in the Cold War.
        Nel 2018, former President Donald Trump extended the deadline for the public release of the assassination files to 2021, citando “identifiable harm to national security, forze dell'ordine, or foreign affairs.Trump’s move came on the deadline he previously imposed in 2017 for the full release of the filesbarring national security and privacy concernsafter the 25-year-in-the-making deadline imposed by the John F. Kennedy Assassination Records Collection Act, signed by President George H.W. cespuglio, came to pass.
        Trump's 2018 memorandum accompanied a release of about 19,000 documents by the National Archives in compliance with the records law and Trump’s order the previous year. Many of the documents released then contained redactions, and they joined the massive trove of assassination records that already have been made public.
            The recordsfurther release has been highly anticipated, with Biden’s memo stating that theyshall be withheld from full public disclosure until December 15, 2022.”
            The national archivist also noted to the administration thatmaking these decisions is a matter that requires a professional, scholarly, and orderly process; not decisions or releases made in haste.

            I commenti sono chiusi.